Massachusetts Legislative Updates
- The new legislative session started in January 2015. Check back for more information.
- Shelter Regulations: See MAC’s comprehensive page on this regulatory issue. Hearing held 9/2013 on shelter and rescue regulations.
- Pets in Disasters: S. 1172 was signed by the Governor on March 24, 2014.
- Animal Cruelty: the Governor signed a bill on August 20, 2014 in response to the “Puppy Doe” case. Read more.
- Animal Control: Passed into law became effective on October 31, 2012. See ACOAM‘s website for more information. More information about the new law and otehr animal control issues can also be found on our site here.
Massachusetts Legislative Resources
- MSPCA – Legislative Affairs: The Legislative Affairs office of the MSPCA provides information about the latest legislative issues concerning animals. This link also includes information on how you can get involved in protecting animals by joining their Animal Action Team.
- HSUS State Legislation List for Massachusetts: Update on state legislative activities being monitored by the Government Affairs Department of The HSUS. Provides links to electronic alerts to keep you up-to-date on hot issues in animal protection, State Action Alerts, and Federal Legislation.
- ASPCA Advocacy Center: sign up to receive alerts on MA issues.
- Links to help you find your elected officials:
www.congress.org and www.vote-smart.org
If you would like to join MAC’s Advocacy Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Massachusetts Laws and Regulations
- For some summaries, see the Mass. Trial Court Law Libraries website
- General Mass. cruelty statute
- Mass. state website